Visiting us for the first time?
After making your appointment to see us, please:
- Make sure you pay your appointment fee at least 24 hours before attending the clinic. You will be sent a payment link via SMS text, just follow the instructions
- Only come to the clinic at the time of your appointment, as we have limited space to wait. We’ll be ready to let you in at the time of your appointment.
- Bring a list of any medication you are taking
- Bring any insoles you currently use
- Wear loose trousers and socks rather than skirts/ tights
- Avoid using any lotions or creams on your feet on the day of your appointment
- Remove any nail varnish/ gel nails before your appointment
Q: What if I need to cancel or change my appointment?
A: Our clinics are popular and due to the increasing demand for appointments we operate a cancellation policy. We respectfully ask should you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, you give a minimum of 24 hrs notice. Patients who fail to do so will incur a fee to their account covering the full appointment
Q: Can I bring my friend/ spouse/ child / etc to my appointment?
A: It is better if you can attend alone unless you require a chaperone/ carer.
Q: What payment methods do you accept?
A: Unless you have pre-paid for your appointment with our payment link, we prefer card payment, or cash if absolutely necessary
Q: What forms do I need to fill out?
A: We will give you several forms to read over when you arrive, these will be completed digitally by us. They will cover your ‘Consent to receive a treatment’ and current ‘Clinic Policy’ It is important you take time to read them thoroughly.
If you have any further questions not answered here, please phone us on 0141 550 8125 and we will do our best to help.